Sunday, October 29, 2006

.::REUNION::.

FIS - Class of 2000
It has been like 6 years since I graduated from high school, OMG! am I that old? ok ok I'll take that back!

TAKE TWOOOOOOOOO

It's has been a couple'a'years since i graduated from high school "ok now, that sounds much better". Our dof3a was made of 55 girls, most of us were in the same school since 1st grade. 12 years of laughter, 12 years of stupid fights, 12 years of showing off, 12 years of worrying about grades. 12 years of UNFORGETABLE MEMORIES! Each and every girl was known for her own unique character that can never be changed no matter what.

Our last year in school was almost gonna end. We all didnt want to lose contact of each other afterwards, we wanted to always stay in touch and and and... BUT! After we graduted, things didnt go the way we wanted them to be. First of all, eljam3at fragatna, girls spread all around the world to study, some in Jordan, Lebanon, London, States, Belguim, Sudan, Egypt, UAE, and the rest spread around Saudi between Jeddah, Riyadh, and Khobar. Incase you're wondering, I studied in Riyadh for a year, then Khobar for 3, and doing another major in Bahrain.

I have lost contact with almost 80% of the girls in the first year, after that, we started seeing each other in the school graduation parties, gatherings, shopping malls, or 7ata belsafar in Europe and Lebanon.

Anyhow, a couple'a'years back our friend May got married, it was the first time we gather since graduation! well, it wasnt all of us, but like 60% of us. Again we had the gathering in 3yyosh's wedding, but unfortunately 3yyosh was gonna move to Qatar. Since then, I tried to stay in contact with some of the girls and txted them from time to time.

A month ago, while I was forwarding some emails, I thought of emailing the school galz and asking them to meet up. I got a reply instantly for Reem <-- 3yyosh's best friend telling me that 3yyosh is in town and that they're both ok with it. Sara H. welcomed the idea, too. 4 girls is better than nothing. I wouldnt cancel it law eish! I really wanted to see them! so, we met in a cafe, just the 4 of us, for about 2 hours, talking about school memories, ohh yeah, and I took a cheee cake recipe for Reem :p. Before we left, I promised them enno I'll try to let more girls attend next month.

Last week, I sent a txt msg to 6 girls, and asked them to forward it to other girls from our dof3a. Last friday at 6 pm was THE TIME! I was the first one to arrive, 2 of the girls had already told me that they can't make it, but 6 did confirm their attendence. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! elsh3oor kan marra 7amaaaaaaaas! I didnt know who could come in any second! 10 minutes later, 3anouda and Hiba came in, after them was Hala, then the girls soon tjmm3o! we ended up 3ala 10 girls. only one of them that I havent seen since graduation. Nafs our first tiny meeting, we started with school talk, then we started introducing our selves all over again and where we are now a days. Almost all of us work, some got married, and some got KIDS! we were all so excited about the jam3a, not to mention being so loud! everyone in the cafe knew everything about us! our names, phone numbers, jobs, EVERYTHING looolBefore we left, I told them enno our next gathering inshAllah ra7 ykoon at my place wo will try to contact more girls kaman.

I love my my class mates! and miss them so much :(

18 Comments:

Blogger Black Orchid said...

my graduation will be this year Oo i hope enshallah that i won't lose contact with some of my friends!
it would be really sad if i did :(

a part of me wants to graduate and finish high school Oo the other part la2!
weird eh?

9:50 PM  
Blogger SaRo0Na said...

black orchid,
to be honest, 12th grade was the BEST year of my life!
enjoy it as much s u can!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Dakhtour said...

God!! you're too old :P

3:25 AM  
Blogger Nouph said...

I never did the 12 year school thing, I always did the 3-4 years in a school, and oh, did I try most of Riyadh's schools!! I tell you, your case is a7san mara mentally in and ieasier in tracing friends =(
ohhhh I miss school meet ups (refering to the school I graduated from, lol)
I hope we can do that thing soon, thing is my friends were in my dof3a, and the dof3az after, so the meet up will look kinda weird!
But u guys, it's really nice!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Leo. said...

Mmm.... well i dont have pink clouds over my head, nor ponies running down rainbows, its not even raining candy anymore! i'm too old for this..

Crap! Wrong post!!


Ps: i wish i were there! Sighs!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Cixousian Panic said...

oh gosh! same problem here. But at least you guys actually meet up. We never actually had a reunion once, it would be cool to see what everyone is up to now :P

9:00 PM  
Blogger SaRo0Na said...

zizotime,
AM NOT!

fo0f,
6ab at least try to start a reunion with ur dof3a! yallah yallah!! tara wAllah it's so 7amas!

leo,
meta aswwy reunion m3k? ;)
Cixousian Panic,
same comment as fo0f :D

11:33 PM  
Blogger Bella Color said...

makooo a7la min ayam ildeeerasa!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Rawr said...

AWWWW! falla! i wanna see dof3aty ten years from now ... keep it up ;) ... one quistion thou , do the mean girls get what they desereve???

3:44 PM  
Blogger Madhatter said...

School reunions always lovely, we used to meet at least once a year. Funny how quickly we get old. ps love ur blog

3:50 PM  
Blogger fire alarm said...

Sounds like u guys had fun. U remind of those girls in my class who keep emailing wanting to have these reunions, after everyone ignored them them finally stopped.

I hardly knew folks in my class, couldnt care less, we had circle of friends who we meet every know and then.

Have high school friends is kool, but i hate to force myself to sit there with someone i couldnt care less about and listen to them speak of the last six years of their life just coz we happen to have been in the same class.

5:00 PM  
Blogger SaRo0Na said...

bella color,
eeh men jed! specially 12th grade!

rawr,
missed u girl! we men jed u should meet with ur school mates after graduation, and about the mean girls thingy, mmm, dont know! we have no mean girls in my dof3a :D

madhatter,
thaaaaaaaaaanx!

twix,
el7amdulillah no one ignored my email :D ma7booba mashAllah 3alay :p

1:19 AM  
Blogger me said...

i luv re unions..i used 2 do them at my house every now and then...amazing changes happens through the years :),,,

3o2bal el reunion # 100 ;)

10:42 AM  
Blogger LinG-BLinG said...

Its exactly how i feel now. i graduated from college and now looking for a job & each time i meet a grl back from high school i feel weird like how did we all get here. it happened just 2 days ago. sometimes feels good because of all the memories but its scary cuz it make u realize how years have flown away ...

11:24 PM  
Blogger G said...

Nice blog!!
I envy you for the straight 12-years-in-one-school thing, I had to jump from one to another till I landed in MLH for most of what was left..
We had a reunion this Ramadhan, it was too weird, we were quiet, silent, it was so unbelievably awkward! (we graduated *cough* 6 years ago too).. I guess we built a gap that can never be fixed :S

11:55 PM  
Blogger SaRo0Na said...

ling-bling
luv ur name! lol! hope u find a job soon :)

jewelz
thanx, you're as old as i am!! wanasa!! but el7amduillah 3ashan most of us are friends since 1st grade, we went along pretty well when we met ma3 enno fee girls ma shafo ba3a'9 since graduation!

10:27 PM  
Blogger G said...

correction, you mean i'm as young as you are right? we don't wanna confuse the audience missy.. we're young and gorgeous :P

10:35 AM  
Blogger SaRo0Na said...

jewelz,
ofcourse we are babe! ;)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home